Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome 2013!

Happy Holidays!! Our poor, sweet boy was sick Christmas Eve and finally seemed to be back to normal this past weekend although he still can't tolerate the full amount of formula particularly in the morning. He had a nasty respiratory virus and was so tired, so grumpy and just a big mess... Fortunately Jimmy was off work the whole week so I had help during the day. Despite his sickness, I'd say we had a pretty good holiday. Seeing Landon's reaction to Santa Claus, Elf on the Shelf, the Christmas Tree, the lights and so forth was incredible! It just gets more and more fun. He still asks for Santa aka Sansa although getting him to sit on his lap or get close to him is a whole other story! Despite being sick, he continued to eat pretty well and now that he is not only feeling better but still not getting the entire amount of formula that he was on before, he is eating REALLY well. You may be thinking that it's great and we should just stop giving him formula. It's not quite that easy although his therapist told me on Monday that we can really begin to talk about weaning him a bit. In other news, we will becoming a family of four any day now. My due date is not until January 23rd but about a week ago, my doctor told me that this baby is making progress and we should expect him within a week or two. I went through some major, ridiculous nesting. Last Thursday, the day I was told this, I pushed my body to the limit and paid for it afterwards! Again, fortunately Jimmy was home not only to help but to keep me a bit grounded. The thought of not being able to take care of my boy for any period of time makes me a nervous wreck. I have been away from him once before, for two nights, but he was with Jimmy who knows exactly what our day to day looks like. He knows how to do meds and give formula, he knows his antics and can comfort him just like I can. We are so blessed to have incredible family who are close by to fill that role when Jimmy is at the hospital with me but it's hard to put into words and charts and lists and notes (I'm trying, believe me!) what our day to day is like. Yes, I'm crazy.. I know.. I admit it, but it doesn't help my anxiety. I have to say though that we are so excited for Jordan Patrick to join our family! My body is ready be done with pregnancy- well I guess not ready enough because I'm still pregnant! This little guy has done a number on me which is not something I experienced with his big brother! I know that the transition will be tough at times, but I think that Landon is going to be the best big brother. I cannot wait to see him in that role. We do not yet know if Jordan has Cystinosis. The plan is, hopefully, to test the cord blood. A sample will be sent to the only laboratory in the U.S. that can run the test for Cystinosis. We hope to get it sent out ASAP and that we will have an answer by the time Jordan is 3 or 4 weeks old. So friends, the next time I post will probably be to provide the announcement that our second little boy has arrived.

1 comment:

  1. If you're doing cord blood, then I think you can have an answer within a week. Call the lab directly and let them know your situation. It took them less than a week (from the time they received Lars's sample) to give us an answer. Good luck!! I'm excited for your cute family.

    ReplyDelete