Sunday, March 3, 2013

Our Good News

The call from Landon's nephrologist came on Thursday. She had good news. Landon's recent cystine test (the level of cystine in his body) was 0.3. Our goal was to get it below 1.0!! All his electrolytes are normal which seems very clear considering that the child never stops running and has unlimited energy- just like an almost three year old should. She followed that by telling me that the lab processed Jordan's blood and that we would not have to have it drawn again (I think I posted about that in the last entry) and that Jordan's cystine level was .08. Everyone has traces of cystine in their body. Jordan does not have Cystinosis. I cried happy tears. And then I felt sad... Sad for Landon... Jimmy came home from work and told me he felt the same way. It's awesome news, but we grieved for Landon again. I posted in one of the Cystinosis groups on Facebook that I am anxious about the day that Landon asks me why he has to do things that Jordan does not. Many parents responded that it has really never been an issue, and that one young lady told her mom that she is glad that her brother doesn't have Cystinosis because boys complain too much. I told Jimmy that I hope Jordan doesn't get bigger than Landon at too young of an age. His response, "who cares?" Yeah, I guess I will probably care more than Landon ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment