Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My Smart Cookie

Landon comes home from school and I always ask "how was your day? what did you play? what did you learn?" He often mentions who he played with and if something significant happened but I usually get an "I don't know" when I ask about what he learned. So imagine my surprise a few days ago when he excitedly told me that he learned about planets. He talked specifically about Mars and told me that some planets are hot and some are cold. I told him that it's true and that some planets are closer to the sun than others and that they rotate around the sun. His response was, "no Mommy they don't." Hmm.. okay. He has mentioned planets several times since then and I smiled today when I looked at the bulletin board to see his name on the colored circle "Mercury" which is the planet that he must have said that he wanted to visit and he wanted to go there because it's hot. He then brought up the planets again at bedtime so we called Daddy into the room and the three of us talked about what we know about planets (which is minimal). I love learning about what he's into. He's such a big boy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment