Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School Days...

The feel of summer coming to an end is in the air. The neighborhood kids start school tomorrow. Landon and I are going to "Meet the Teacher" on Sept 4th. He will be going to school by himself, without me, two days a week for two hours. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't very anxious. I have been cramming in classes at Gymboree over the past few weeks to prepare him for being in a group setting and following class instruction again. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well he functions. He doesn't cling to me as he used to when he first started school last year. I find myself placing myself so that I am in his sight when he wanders off because he used to panic if he didn't see me. The poor kid needs to be away from me, right?! As hard as I try to encourage him to be independent and convince him that he is a big bit, I know I still pull him back a bit. I know that it may be a rough transition for our boy but I also know that he will love it and it will be a wonderful thing for him. It's hard to watch our baby become a big boy but I am such a proud mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment