Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy Birthday Jordan

I hesitate to post this because I'm not sure where it's going to go, but here it goes..This starts with Jordan. In one week from today, our baby boy will turn one. I cannot believe that he has been in our lives a whole year! I am so thankful that Cystinosis did not stop us from adding Jordan to our family. I have always said that Jimmy has qualities and strengths that I do not, so the two of us together make up a pretty great team. We can bring out strengths in each other- we have... I feel the same about my two sweet boys. I know that we will learn more about them as they get older and will discover what their strengths are, but I see differences in them right now and if they form the team that Jimmy and I hope they do, they will be unstoppable. Landon is sensitive and cautious... He thinks and observes before he makes a move. He watches to make sure his brother does not get hurt or in trouble. He moves things out of the way that could serve as trouble for Jordan. The people who he allows to get close to him, are carefully chosen by him. He is silly and so clever. He is a quick learner and sometimes teases us, well me, acting as though he doesn't know something when he does. Jordan is our little "wrecking ball." Miley's song came at such an appropriate time because our Jordan dives in with no worries and takes out whatever is in his path. He has no fear. He's ready to get down and dirty. He loves to laugh and he loves to be entertained. I think that Landon will learn from Jordan that sometimes its okay to jump in and that its fun to be spontaneous. Jordan can teach Landon that it's okay to give people a chance and that even it things don't work out, that he will still be okay. I think Landon will teach Jordan to stay in the moment and to consider consequences. Landon will keep Jordan safe and protect him- his body and his heart. Landon will teach Jordan that you never get up and to let nothing stop him. He will teach Jordan to appreciate life and to be prepared that life does hand you lemons sometimes, but you must choose to sweeten it up and make lemonade. I hope that they are open to being each other's teachers and students because they both have such awesome things to offer. I was just looking at 1st birthday pictures that were taken of my beautiful babies. Landon's pictures always give me very mixed feelings. It takes me back to a time that was so difficult because we didn't know what was wrong with our boy, but it was also a time where I was naive and did not know the seriousness of what was to come with Landon's health. As far as we knew, he was a perfectly healthy little guy who just wasn't eating enough. His belly was clear of a G tube, but I look at his face and can see that something wasn't right. His body wasn't functioning well because he was malnourished. So yes, maybe there was no G tube in his belly, but that's certainly not where I want me baby to be now. Our life looks a lot different than I expected when I saw that positive pregnancy test over 4 years ago. I never imagined how good it could be. Never..

1 comment:

  1. Such a joy to see a young mother who understands and appreciates what life is really all about. Its not the designer bags, big diamonds or anything materialistic. Its the smile on her sons faces, the happiness in their laughter, the closeness of her family and the loyalty and the love of her husband. Youre right sugar, it doesnt get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete