Sunday, January 12, 2014

Makeover!

No, not me, but this blog. I was thinking... The focus of this blog for a long time has been Landon and Cystinosis. I don't post often because honestly, our lives aren't about Cystinosis and most of what I want to post has to do with the every day experiences of having two little boys and not about doctor appointments and continuous feedings at night and medicine and what labs look like... Yeah, periodically I have updates about those things, but for the most part, they don't happen anymore or not as much, and they are the same kind of updates you all have... The focus of this blog is going to be on on our lives, not just in relation to Cystinosis. I'm not so good at tracking milestones. I don't know when each of my boys got each tooth or the exact date they started to crawl, smile, stood up... I can give you a guestimate, but I'm not good at keeping track of those things. What I do like is to tell stories because I never want to forget the things they say or what they do. So here we begin with the tales of our lives with these sweet boys! Landon is funny in a silly, get your attention kinda way.. I told Jimmy, the other day, that I see the days ahead of him sitting at the table doing homework and me yelling at him to sit down and get his work done and that I'm not laughing at his antics. We have started doing "letter of the week" at our house. This is the first week so it has been the letter 'A.' Landon can identify each letter in the alphabet with no problem, and has since he has been about 2, but he doesn't know how to write many of the letters so we are working on that with him. He does well but of course is not always excited to sit and work on writing his letters. This morning he was playing on my phone with an App to help him to write letters and says, "Mommy, I not do A. I don't like A. I like B." It will be interesting this time next week to see if he still has such a love for the letter B. My mom was watching the boys the other night when I was working and Jimmy was at a work function. He was up late and my mom asked him several times if he was ready for bad as he watched a show on tv. She told me that after asking a few times Landon responded, "Maw Maw, don't talk to me anymore!" I giggled but thought to myself that I would have to tell him that it's not nice to say that. Then last night, as Jimmy and I were lying on the couch, Jimmy asked Landon to lay with us. Landon responded, "not yet, soon." Jimmy asked again a few minutes later and then again, Landon responded, "Don't ask me again, pwease!" I lost it! I didn't mean to but laughed so hard. And actually, as I think about it, he was asked over and over again. I guess it's not a totally inappropriate response. Unfortunately now he knows that it makes me laugh so he has quickly responded not to talk to him. We did tell him this morning that it's not nice to tell someone not to talk to you. I often have stories about Landon because he says some pretty funny things, but Jordan is so funny too. For Jordan, its the look of determination in his face, it's the ease in which we can get him to produce a huge smile, it's the belly laugh he gives when you tickle him or talk in a silly voice. I mentioned this in the last post, but our baby will be 1 this week. I'm so excited to celebrate such an awesome milestone in his life. I'm excited for a day that's about him and celebrating who he is. All morning my two boys have been moving from room to room, making messes and laughing all through it. They are already becoming best friends. So this is all way, I am choosing to make this blog less about Landon and Cystinosis (much less)and more about our whole family. Cystinosis occupies so little of our thoughts these days.. I use to talk about how determined we were to kick Cystinosis' butt. It may still be here, but I think we succeeded in doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment