Monday, July 11, 2011

Grow Bubba, Grow!

I was not going to update today but I am feeling good about his 15 month check up so thought I would! Last week when Landon was weighed at the pediatrician's office, he weighed 16lbs, 4oz. When he was admitted to the hospital on June 1st, he weighed 14lbs, 6oz. We were pleased that he gained 2lbs in a little over a month. Well today he weighed 16lbs, 11oz! That's a gain of 7oz in only 5 days. Yay Bubba!!

He is 27.5in so is not on the growth chart at all for length and weight, but is in the 75% for head circumference. It's great because it means that his brain is developing but is so funny to think about. No wonder I have to squeeze his little bean head into his 6-9 month clothes! Okay, well I guess he doesn't have a little bean head but I will still call it that!

I also found out why he has been waking in the middle of the night screaming and crying. He got one of his bottom molars and the one on the other side is poking through. It's so strange. He wakes screaming and I give him a drink, we rock for a couple of minutes and read a book and then he goes back to sleep. Poor little guy! I think he has 12 teeth now. I'm beginning to lose track. Terrible mommy!

The pediatrician is pleased with his cognitive development as well as his fine and gross motor skills. He's still not walking although he cruises along the furniture like a champ. Poor Rocky (our 4 year old Puggle) can't catch a break! Who knows if not walking is related to the Cystinosis or if it's just that he's not quite there yet either way, it gives us a little more time before he totally takes over the house! Other than the walking, he seems to be right on track. I belong to an awesome online Mommy community so I get to keep up with what other kiddos his age are doing.

I will update later this week after the rest of his appointments. We're adding a blood draw to the list of appointments for the week. He goes on Wednesday to have his Cystine levels checked. I'm actually pretty anxious about this! I don't know why?

No comments:

Post a Comment