Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sorry Daddy!

I, again, did not plan to update tonight but had to share a story...

Before I tell the story I will say that Landon had an appointment with the GI doctor today. It really just ended up being a "check how things are going..." type of appointment. GI wants to consult with nephrology to see who should make decisions about his feeds and so forth. At some point, we will begin weaning him but we're just not sure if nephrology will want to make those decisions or if they will pass the buck to GI. So, nothing too exciting to report except that the GI doctor is pleased to hear how well he is doing and said that he looks great! The one big unfortunate thing is that the appointment was right at Landon's nap time so he didn't get his usual 2-3 hour nap today. Surprisingly enough though, he remained in a good mood and still had a pretty pleasant day despite a short, half hour nap in the car going home.

So onto my story... I picked my mom up to go to the doctor with us today. It's so helpful to have another pair of hands, especially since he was getting fed from the feeding tube while we were in the car going to the appointment and continued while we were in the waiting room. My mom then came home with us, we had dinner with Jimmy and Landon fell asleep around 6pm. Since he was asleep, I figured that I, instead of Jimmy, would take my mom home to give Jimmy some time to relax after work. I came home to find out that Landon woke up 5 minute after I left screaming and hysterical. Jimmy found a disaster of a diaper that went all the way down his leg and up his back. Yuck! So, Jimmy changed him, rocked him, read him a book and attempted to put him back in bad. No luck! He continued to scream and scream. Jimmy finally left him to sit in his crib, knowing that it had to do with the fact that he was overly tired. Poor Jimmy was frazzled when I got home and Landon was still screaming. Nice break, huh?! So, I got him out of his crib and prepared his night feed. I also gave him Tylenol since he is still working on cutting that bottom molar. He has woken up screaming like he did tonight for the past 4-5 days. Anyway, I put Landon on the floor to check to make sure that there was no poop missed (Landon wasn't making the diaper change very easy and Jimmy wanted me to check!). As I was doing this Jimmy walked in and laid on the floor next to us. Landon got a huge smile on his face, crawled over to Jimmy and wrapped his arms around his neck and gave him a big hug! He even began patting his back. It was sooo cute!! Up until this point, Landon has only initiated a hug and the comforting "pat on the back" with his big cousin Jillian. It was almost as if he was apologizing and reassuring Daddy that he did a good job and that all is okay. Jimmy admitted that it was all he needed to make up for a not so fun time!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! :) They have a way of looking at you or doing something adorable that erases ANY frustration that has occurred!! :)

    ReplyDelete