Thursday, August 4, 2011

The past few days have been pretty uneventful for the most part. Thank goodness, right?! It seems like Landon is really on a good and solid routine. Bed time at 8:00pm, wake between 6:30am-8:00am and a nap from 11:00am until about 1:30pm. A schedule has been my hope from day 1 but I could never get there!

We have had several play dates since last week which has been awesome!! I joined a Mommy Group quite some time ago but between work (even part time) and doctors appointments, I just couldn't get to any activities. But, we got a taste of one play group last week and a get together at a coffee shop for some time to chat with other mommies and it has been great! Plus, we got together with some great friends and their adorable kiddos over the weekend and had a blast! Jimmy and I have realized, through these play sessions, how cautious and shy Landon is (or has become). He becomes pretty clingy and seems pretty anxious when we take him some place that he's not totally familiar with and with people he doesn't know well. He also seems to get worked up even around people he is familiar with. Now, sometimes it seems that he's tired but not always. He cries if someone takes him from me and it seems that he can't crawl fast enough to get to me at times. Now is it the age and stage of development that he is in, a result of the hospital experience or just his temperment? We don't really know..

To go along with the above note, we had a session of physical therapy (PT) this week and Jimmy was able to come along because he had the day off (in preparation for his trip to Vegas with the guys!).. This was another situation in which we noticed the anxiety that Landon has at times. He got very upset when the therapist even so much as assisted him in standing up. Hopefully with a little bit of time, he will feel a little more comfortable in this setting. And during this session, only I could calm him down. I tried to walk out of the room at one point because he only wanted to crawl to me and climb in my lap and he had a total melt down. Poor kiddo! But, I will say that we both see the benefit in doing this weekly. Landon does pretty well working with Jimmy and I at home and certainly seems stronger and closer to walking. We still have some time but are definitely headed in the right direction. Our hope is that he will be walking by 18 months and it definitely seems feasible! If not, it's okay, he will walk when he is ready but it doesn't hurt to set goal, right? =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment