Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Grow Baby Grow

Landon went to the pediatrician today for a weight check. He has gained almost 7oz in one week and he gained 4oz the week before- yes ladies and gentleman, that is just shy of 11oz in two weeks!!! He now weighs 17lbs, 4.9oz and is 28.75in long. He's catching up!!

The funny thing is that Facebook now includes your status from one or two years earlier. On this day, one year ago my status read "Landon did so well at his appt- very smiley and showing off for the nurse and nurse practitioner! Shots weren't fun but he was a trooper! 12lbs, 7oz and 26 inches long (5th percentile for weight and 75th for height)- haha.. my little peanut!"

That means that he has gained less than 5lbs in one year and 3 of those pounds has been gained in the past 3 months. Pretty amazing, right? What that tells me is that our baby is thriving!! I feel so blessed that he is tolerating the feeds and the medicine so well. I truly believe that it's only going to get better.

Oh, and just a side note, he wore his first pair of real tennis shoes today. I tried to get a picture but he wasn't cooperating. I will have to put them on him later so I can get a picture. He was standing and holding onto a chair at the doctors office and had his little t-shirt, comfy pants and his tennis shoes on. He looked like such a big boy!

Oh, and my other piece of news is that he pulled himself up onto this little cart he has yesterday and started pushing it while walking! We can NEVER get him to do this. He also sits down as soon as we begin to move it a bit. He hasn't done it since but he definitely pushed it across the room and sat down only because I clapped and he needed two hands to be able to join in with the positive reinforcement! Little ham! I am convinced that part of this not walking thing has to do with will. I don't think it's something that his body is totally ready for yet, but his own strong will also stands in the way.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Landon!!! Such a good job!!

    And don't shoes just make them look so big??

    I love/hate it!

    ReplyDelete