Sunday, September 4, 2011

"Eeeeeeeeee!!!"

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! Life is well, but very busy! Since I last posted, Landon cruises around the house with his cart like a pro! It is very funny. And now, thanks to his Daddy, yells "eeeeeeeeeee" (weeeeeeeee) the whole time! He has also has become very good at climbing up the slide backwards (he's not the rule follower that his mom is!) and slides back down on his belly. I don't mind because I feel like that is probably strengthening his legs.

He is continuing to use baby sign and the other day signed "sleep." I was thrilled! And today, I asked him for a kiss. Usually he puts his cheek against my lips but instead he came straight at me using his mouth. He's such a loveable little boy!

As you can see there is lots of good things going on. He goes for a weight check this week so hopefully I have good news in that area again! I got a call from the nephrology nurse. She told me to increase his Cystagon because his Cystine levels were raised a bit. I was bummed, but it really is to be expected. Plus, he is putting weight on which is going to result in needing an increased dose. I also had been mixing the Cystagon with his formula any time that he is sleeping. The nurse told me that it's better to put it directly into the G tube, so maybe doing that will make a difference too.

He had an interview with The Alliance for Infants and Children last week. He is getting Physical Therapy right now, but I took him out of the program that he was in. It required us to drive to Wexford, which took about 45 minutes and we had to be there at 8am. This meant that I had to wake him up earlier than when he is used to getting up and change the time of his first morning feed. He still experiences a lot of anxiety when we are there so I think having the PT at our house, in his environment, will help. He is going to go through a thorough evaluation in the next couple of weeks. At this point, the plan is to have PT and Occupational Therapy (for feeding issues) come to the house but the final decision will be made after the evaluation. I am really excited about all of this because then I will feel like we have all of our bases covered.

So all in all, things are well!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute boy. I love when Jonathan comes running across the room to give kisses! :)

    I am so happy that you are keeping a blog, because I really do wonder frequently how things are going. <3
    Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete