Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Take the good with the not so good..

Well, the wedding was wonderful! Everyone had a blast, Jamie was a stunning bride and Jason made a very handsome groom!! Landon kept his formula in his belly! He even stayed at the reception until about 10:30pm, incredible. I knew when I began to carry him around like I did when he was a newborn, rather than the wild little toddler that he is now, that it was time for bed. He actually slept in the pack n play too which was pretty unbelieveable to me. I just have to give this little boy more credit than I do!

More exciting news is that Landon started "school" this week. We planned to enroll him in a pre-school program next fall, after he turns two years old. But, we heard about a Mommy and Me program just a few minutes away from us and after much debate, decided to go for it! So, every Tuesday, Landon and I will attend pre-school from 9am-11am. It's wonderful!! I think that he is going to learn so much-education and socially! The teacher seems wonderful and it is a small class of just 6 which includes two of the little guys in our neighborhood. I'm always concerned that I don't know just what Landon is capable of right now. I'm familiar with ages 3 and older, just through my previous work experience but this is a strange age for me. I want to encourage and challenge him, but not to the point of pushing him to do something that he's just not developmentally ready for yet. So, this is perfect! He really seemed to enjoy it. He actually nibbled on a cracker at snack time which was awesome since he had been refusing anything over the past few weeks. He colored on a piece of paper that will be turned into a fall leaf (so cute!), he participated in singing and dancing (with help from Mommy of course) and listened to a story.

I will also mention that Landon actually has been eating! It's certainly not enough to cut back on his feeds (don't worry, I learned!)but we are thrilled! I don't know what changed but I won't question it.

So yes, there is lots of good news but I do find that I have an extra hard time dealing with the little setbacks we have when things are going so well. For example, last night, Landon fell alseep at bed time only to wake up crying about an hour later. I let him cry for a few minutes and then went in to check on him. He quickly got himself worked up because I wouldn't pick him up and began screaming. Screaming is pretty much always followed by vomiting. So yes, he threw up. I immediately felt my eyes tear up and became so frustrated. Luckily Jimmy was in the othe room so helped me by cleaning Landon up while I changed the sheets. This is a fairly regular occurance lately with Landon and usually I quickly change the sheets and him in the blink of an eye and move on. No big deal, right? He got upset and that's what happens when he cries hard. But last night, it didn't feel like a big deal. And again, I know it's because when things are good; I want them to stay good! Sometimes I just need a kick in the butt to remind myself that little things like that are going to happen and it can't replace all of the wonderful things. That's why I blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment