Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Little Comedian

I cannot even count the number of times that Landon stood independently today. He raises himself from a kneeling position, not holding onto anything, and raises up to a standing position. You just have to picture it because half of the time, his legs are spread pretty wide apart and he gets a huge grin on his face. It's as if he is saying "Look Mom, no hands!" We make a HUGE deal out of it for one, because he loves positive reinforcement and two, it is a big deal to us! He even attempted a couple steps today only to fall into me with a scream and a big smile. It's only a matter of time, my friends. I wanted to get a picture of it but kept forgetting to grab the camera which was downstairs, and my cell phone memory card was being goofy so I couldn't take pictures with my cell phone. Finally when Jimmy got home and he began to perform for him, I told Jimmy to have his cell phone ready to take pictures. The minute Jimmy pulled his phone out, Landon sits on the floor, smiles wide and says "Chhheeessseee!!" It was clear as day. He continued to do that every time Jimmy picked up his phone.

This child makes me laugh from the moment he wakes up until the time he goes to sleep. Don't get me wrong in between, there are lots of "No Landon. Nice hands, please. Mommy can't hold you right now. Don't throw your food to Rocky. Stop. That's not okay. You have to listen to Mommy..." But, he really is a funny little boy. Examples? I'm glad you asked! =0)

* When I go to his room in the morning, he does acrobats in his crib for 5-10 minutes before I can get him out of the crib.
* He gets up on his feet and leans on tupperware containers/baskets that hold books and toys and flies down the hall way, pushing them, with his little bum up in the air.
*When he becomes to rough and I have to remind him to use "nice hands", he quickly pats the object that he was just hitting (usually its Rocky) and says "awwwwww..."
* When he no longer wants to eat his food, he throws it to Rocky. After being told not to, he looks us straight in the eye, smiles and with the flick of his arm whips food on the ground all the while, continuing to stare at us.
* He knows exactly how to hold a camera to take pictures.
* His voice gets VERY loud when he says "hello" when talking on the phone. Plus, he looks down and pushes the buttons on the phone as if he is desperate to get a text out before we take the phone off of him.
* He dances at the first sound of music (or any noise really)..
* He winds up when he blows kisses and even blows kisses in the car and when he is alone in his room. It sounds kind of like "muuuuuuuuuaaaaaahhhhhh!!!"
* I put him on the couch and pulls up the blinds when I know that Jimmy is almost home. He yells "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" until Jimmy actually drives down the street and pulls in the driveway, all while pacing back and forth on the couch and laughing.

Ok, I guess I can stop there. What can I say? I can't get enough of him!

1 comment: