Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thanks, but...

Ever since Landon was hospitalized Jimmy and I have gotten many compliments about who we are as parents. Jimmy walked in one day, after work, full of smiles, jokes and energy. I think he was singing or dancing to make Landon laugh. The nurse told me, as Jimmy did his daily walk through the hall of 7a, that she just wishes that all dads were like Jimmy. She was right but I guess this story kind of defeats my purpose of this post. Its one of my favorites though so you'll forgive me, right?

I received a very sweet and complimenting message from a great friend today. It brought tears to my eyes, and got me thinking. Am I really doing anything that most other moms would do? I don't think so. Jimmy and I love Landon more than we've ever imagined we could. We are blessed beyond belief to have him in our lives. He is beautiful and loveable and funny and curious and persistent and resilient. Believe me, hearing that I am a great mom always tugs at my heart strings because it is the most important job I have ever had, but moms and dads- you would do the same thing. :o)

2 comments:

  1. You're right Lauren! We all love our little ones so much that in times of struggle we would do everything in our power for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... Mommies and Daddies have the amazing capacity to love through everything, and be the "magic."

    But you and Jimmy have just embraced your new normal, and armed yourself with information and determination, and are helping to change the new normal of other shell-shocked parents in similar situations.

    Many family units would get through this, would be fine, but not all of them THRIVE, and change the culture around them, like you two have.

    That's what we ALL are seeing, my friend.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete