Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day (a day late)

First thing's first... Landon is feeling better, Jimmy's shoulder is coming along with the help of physical therapy and I am feeling better (I also caught Landon's bug). The Hartz family is well on our way to feeling normal again!
Now I have to say, I love holidays especially now that we have Landon, but always have. Yes, even the "Hallmark holiday" Valentines Day.. Half of the people I was exposed to (mostly through Facebook) feel like I do, but many who voiced their annoyance with the holiday and those who love it. Ok, if my husband was mean to me every day but bought me roses one day of year and I bragged that one day of year about his one kind gesture than by all means, bop me over the head and give me a wake up call! But to me, this day serves as a reminder to do something a little extra. Life gets in the way at times...I don't always have the opportunity to spend nap time making chocolate covered strawberries along with cooking a time consuming dinner, not to mention if I ate like that every day I would have more weight to lose than 15 pounds!
I want to Landon to grow up in home where he sees that his mommy and daddy do nice things for each other and treat each other well but there are certain days in which it is just a little extra special. And this doesn't necessarily mean spending a lot of money. So, when Landon gets older and has someone special in his life, I hope that he takes the time to make this person feel extra special rather than writing Valentines Day off as a silly "Hallmark holiday." He will certainly get an earful from his mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Love this :) A day to do a little extra without being out of character or disingenuous. Landon is lucky to have such a great model of love!

    ReplyDelete