Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Nice Boy...

Landon has become quite mischievous... He tests boundaries and pushes limits constantly. And he gets this grin on his face right before he does something that he knows he shouldn't do. Jimmy says that it is only now that he knows what people meant, when he was young, when they said that he looks as if he's up to no good. So we will blame this on Jimmy!

But Landon also is really showing affection and empathy. There is something about a kind hearted little boy that melts my heart so I eat up the cuddles and hugs and kisses and "aww's"...

Today, I said "you have to listen to Mommy..." and "thats not funny" more times than I can count but a couple sweet gestures erased any frustration that I experienced. This evening, Landon was left in the play room a bit too long while I took a phone call. I came in to find a whole section of the train table in pieces. So, I reminded him that the train can't drive if the track is broken and then sat down to put it back together. He watched me for a minute and then walked to me with his arms stretched open and gave me a big hug. He did this every couple of minutes while I put the track together. Some may call it empathy, others manipulation but either way, he melted his mommy's heart!

Following the reconstruction of the train track, I put Landon in the bath tub. As always, he put the entire bag of toys (rubber ducks, crabs, octopus, a few plastic hippos and bath books) in the tub. We played as usual and after a little while I began to take them out. He looked upset so I told him to say "buh bye" to the toy I was holding and let him put it in the bag. So, each of the following toys got a "buh bye" from Landon, a kiss from Landon, a kiss from Mommy (he insisted) and tossed in the bag. We did this for at least 10 toys. No wonder he went to bed 20 minutes late...

No comments:

Post a Comment