Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sweet Moments

Landon had to get blood work today so the day didn't start off on the best note. I so badly wanted to play outside and have fun with him this afternoon but had some errands that really needed to be done. So, he woke up and off we went. We first went to the mall to return something. I didn't take the stroller with us because I knew we'd be in and out. I think it may have been the first time that I went to the mall by myself without taking the stroller. He certainly enjoyed having the opportunity to roam around a little bit. He has become very interested in hats. I always say, "Landon, where does your hat go?" And he points to his head. Well, the mannequin in the store did not have a head, but did have a hat. He kept trying to take the hat and continued to point to his head.

Then he insisted on walking through the mall. I let him walk without holding my hand and in front of me, just a little.. We walked past the Dairy Queen and my obsession with vanilla soft serve cones got the best of me! We got a small cone with rainbow sprinkles on it to share. Now, Landon typically takes one bite of something and is ready to move on so I thought I would get the cone to myself. No chance, Mommy! He dug into that cone and savored every bite. We first sat on a bench in the mall. I was satisfied that he might be done so we ventured back towards the car. Well then he wanted to hold it. I had images of what he and the back seat would look like if I allowed him to hold the cone on his own, in the back seat. Plus, I wasn't quite done with my "bites" either! So, he sat on the car and we took turns licking our ice cream cone.

Then we went to Babies R Us because he needed diapers and it is close to the mall. I remembered that I had books to sell at Half Price Books so we went there first. With the whopping $6 I got for the books I sold, we went to the Children's section and looked for a new book. Books occupy a lot of time! Landon constantly wants us to read books to him. The decision to not put him in the stroller at the book store was a little complicated. I attempted to examine books to see if it would be something that he would like while he went running into other sections of the book store. Complicated, yet still a little entertaining. Remember, I'm not used to a little boy who can get anywhere by himself, quickly!

All in all we had a great day! Our errands turned out to be a lot of fun and the day ended with time at the park with Jimmy and our neighbors and a power walk for Landon and I. Well, as much of a power walk as we can do with him in his little car and me pushing it.

I am so happy for this nice weather to be here and am really looking forward to a summer of fun with our little guy! We have to make up for last summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment