Thursday, September 13, 2012

Best Buddies

The school saga continues- Landon had a tougher day today. One reason, I think, because he knew that Mommy tries to leave and was determined to not allow that to happen. I will to rewind a bit to tell you the second reason. Last night, upon putting Landon to bed and starting his feed, he vomited. Jimmy and I thought that it had to do with lots of running around and being a bit overheated. We stopped the feed and started again right before we went to bed. He woke at 2:30am and vomited again. He also felt warm to me. I tried, without success, to take his temperature so resorted to giving him Motrin, turning off his feed and putting him back to bed. He slept until 8am, held down his first feed of the day and didn't feel warm so off to school we went. He was clingy at school but I took that as being anxious that I would leave. Plus, he had short periods of time in which he played and seemed to have fun. I played the tough love game a bit at school. I refused to hold him and try to only be present and not engaging. We got home and both cried- Landon for his reasons and me because- well, it is not fun to do this while separation thing. Did I handle it ok? What have I done to encourage him to be so attached and anxious? Soon after we got home, I sat on the couch, picked him up and he fell asleep on me. This is not Landon, not at all. So I felt his head... He was burning up. I felt like crap! Poor kid shouldn't even have gone to school. So, we are skipping meds and pushing Pedialyte through his feeding tube slowly, in hopes to keep him hydrated. On another note, I thought back to the morning. We are blessed to have two little boys in our neighborhood, Landon's age, with great parents (an added bonus, of course)- Santino and Ryan. Us parents were just recently talking about how great it will be to see how their friendships form. They have very different personalities now although it seems that they may compliment each other. Well one boy, Santino, is in Landon's class. At least 5 times in the two hours that they were in class today Santino attempted to engage Landon in play. Landon did not reciprocate, but each time, acknowledged Tino and seemed to get what he was doing. Almost as if to say, "Now is not a good time, but thanks dude." It really was sweet! Santino's mom told me that he kept telling her that "Landon sick." Haha.. He knew even though I didn't! Part of me blogged about this day so that I never forget. I think these three boys will take care of each other as they grow. And I want to remember that it all started at the age of 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment