Friday, September 7, 2012

Our Little Clown

If we are getting a peek at the boy that Landon is to become as he grows older than I anticipate a lot of phone calls from his schools over the years. He will do anything for a reaction. He has been this way for a while now but lately it seems that he will take his consequence (time out) to get a laugh or simply to push buttons. Then giggles through time out and pulls out the "lines" that usually get him a laugh. Yesterday we joined my mom, sister and brother-in-law for dinner at a restaurant. Landon was told that he had to sit in the high chair until I finished my meal. He stood up and refused to sit down giggling all the while. So I put him in time out next to the table. All laughed and yelled "She! (that's how he says my sister's name) WoWo! (his word for yoyo)! My sister always tells him to say Yoyo because the way he says it is funny. A few days ago he stood up on the seat of his little table... I ignored him knowing that he did it for the reaction. He yells "Ma! and laughs. We alternate between time out and planned ignoring. He does listen after given his consequence but does it with a smile. Yesterday was day 2 of preschool. Moms and Dads were instructed to either wait in the hallway or stay in a designated spot in the classroom and try to engage with our child as little as possible. Half the time was spent trying to get into my lap and the other half was spent playing happily. He actually held his teacher's hand which made me smile since it often takes a while for him to allow someone to hold him or touch him. Next Tuesday his teacher will have the parents stand by the door and then we will stand in the hallway on Thursday. I know he will be okay. It it is really tough! It's not always easy growing up...

No comments:

Post a Comment