Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Not so gentle reminders...

I was faced with a reality twice today that my baby boy is no longer a baby. Today we met Landon's teacher. She, and the classroom aid, seem wonderful. We talked about some things she may notice and specifically that Landon needs unlimited access to water. Landon did pretty well. He wasn't very clingy and seemed interested in the toys and classroom. I plan to spend time there two more times and then, hopefully, he will be okay to stay without me. Then this afternoon Jimmy, Landon and I visited Ikea and chose a bed and dresser for Landon. His crib is going to move next door to his little brothers room for his arrival in January. Landon happily climbed up on the floor model of his new bed. He melted the hearts of his mommy and daddy as he laid his head on the pillow with a wide grin. Now, getting him to go to sleep in it will probably be a different story but we both think that he is ready. Jimmy and I both are enjoying this stage. It's pretty unbelievable that we are at this point. He still seems to be a baby to me but I have the feeling that the new room and bed along with some independence is going to change my thoughts about that... I loved those days but I do look forward to what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment