Thursday, June 16, 2011

Be Thankful

I don't want to lose sight of all the things in which I have to be thankful. There are plenty!

1. One of the top hospitals with incredible nurses, doctors and support staff. They have become extended family and although we can't wait to go home, they make our days better.
2. An incredible support system (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, my April BDC etc).. They have kept our bellies full, our room cheerful and have given hugs, tears and reassurance. What would we do without you? They run back and forth daily, take care of our dog, allow us to vent, and allow us to focus on our baby.
3. An incredible husband and father who will do ANYTHING to make his little boy laugh (and who entertains the nurses from the minute he steps on 7a... He is my rock! Everything seems just little better when he is here. I am so glad that Landon has his father's charm (and looks!).
4. My resilient little fighter... He charms the pants off of everyone he comes into contact with, has the biggest smile and the most infectious laugh but don't cross him! The poor souls who take blood and perform procedures won't get it without dealing with screaming and kicking. Don't ever stop fighting, my baby!
5. Forgiveness. We hold him down and make him go through some pretty crappy things but once it is over, the smile is back and so are the cuddles.
6. A treatable disease that won't stop Landon from reaching his fullest potential.
7. Milestones... Being in the hospital has not stopped Landon from performing new tricks. He now sticks his tongue out on cue, points at people and objects (I know- two wonderful habits!), and shakes his head No when he does not want something...

There are plenty more but I want to save them for a day when I'm not feeling so blessed...

1 comment: