Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's in the genes

I will not always post multiple times a day but this really helps me to retain everything. I met with a geneticist today. We met with her last week before Landon was diagnosed just to make sure renal wasn't missing anything. Today I learned that one of two things happened that resulted in Landon getting this disorder. Either Jimmy and I are both carriers which means that we have a 25 percent chance of having another child with Cystinosis and a 50 percent chance of having a child who is a carrier, or one of us is a carrier and the other is not but that it occurred in utero. If that's the case then our chances of having another child with Cystinosis is 3-5 percent.
The more I learn about this disorder, the more unbelievable it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment