Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Landon!!!!

It is 9pm and on this day, at the time, 2 years ago I was thanking God for epidurals and waiting for the epidural that I should not gave gotten to wear off. I found out, only minutes after I got the epidural, that I was 10cm dilated. I remember that night so vividly.

I knew from the moment that I found out I was pregnant that the baby inside me was very special. He was conceived only a couple of months after we found out that my sister-in-law had. breast cancer. It was something positive during a time of so much sadness and fear. If you are not aware, by the way, Jaclyn kicked cancers butt, just like we knew she would!

I never imagined the adventure and journey that we would go through with Landon. I have never experienced such love, such amazement, such fear, such sadness, such am anger. Second to love, pride is the biggest feeling I have when I look at my boy. When Landon was diagnosed, I had no idea what life would look like by the time he turned 2. I wish I would have... It would have made the beginning of this journey easier. Our boy walks, he climbs, he goes to school, he walks up and down steps with help, he asks me for cheese, pickles and Pringles.

I'm not so fearful and angry anymore. I'm excited to think about what this year will bring but I am eager to hold on and cherish every moment with him. Our new favorite game is to chase each other through the house yelling. And then I hide and pop out when he tries to find me. Who does that? A parent and child of course.

As I write this, I look over at a dozen balloons, just waiting for me to release them into his room so he can wake up in the morning to find them. This is what it'll about- celebrating... everything- Landon, how far he has come this year, how far we have come, all of our blessings..

Happy 2nd Birthday to our beautiful little boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment