Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Memories

I have mentioned my April Birthday Club group before.. It is a group of mommies who logged onto the Baby Zone Online Community and selected the group who had due dates in April 2010. We are still friends. They make me think, challenge me and make me laugh and smile daily. Today one of my friends asked a question in regards to quality of time with our kiddos versus quantity of time. She then asked what we hope that our children remember... So, I started thinking and typing.

I believe in quality of time spent versus quantity. I spend about 10 hours a day, most days with Landon (12 hours of sleep at night and a 2 hour nap). I'm not completely present some of that time. I make phone calls... I prepare Thirty-One packets to send out... I vacuum and dust. I wash dishes. I play on Facebook. Most of it is a necessary part of the day (ok, maybe not Facebook). But the quality of time, I hope is what he remembers.

I hope he remembers the nap and bedtime stories, walking to do errands as he sits in his car, singing and dancing to the Wiggles and Barney in the living room with mommy and daddy, walks around the neighborhood and playing at the park after dinner in the nice weather, playing football, hockey, bowling and basketball in the house with daddy; putting our faces on each side of the glass in the bathtub and giggling, riding his first rides with mommy and daddy at Kidapooza...

There is no denying the blood work, countless doctor visits, future hospital stays, therapies but, I hope he sees these things as just part of the usual ups and downs of life. I hope that those moments that touch Jimmy and my heart so deeply are the things that he remembers...

No comments:

Post a Comment