Monday, April 2, 2012

Not yet sparkling blue eyes...

Landon had an appointment with his Opthamologist today. I prepared to hear that some crystals are present. My stomach was in knots all day. I know the days is coming but I don't yet feel ready for it yet- drops, the reminder that this disease is progressive and that no matter how compliant we are that this disease will affect his body. The doctor asked me to sit in the chair with Landon in my lap. He shined a light and looked with his instrument. Then he wanted to attempt to have Landon put his chin on the piece of the microscope designed for it, with his head against another piece. Good luck, I thought. Landon strategically placed his head in place and sat still long enough for the examination to be done. His eyes are clear! Thrilled! Thrilled! Thrilled!!

Are crystals the worst part of this disease? Certainly not. But again, their presence is a reminder that I don't want yet. We go back in 6 months unless I notice changes in his eyes (rubbing them, extra sensitivity, a cloudiness...). I am thankful for this day. I wont allow myself to be concerned about 6 months from now. That's a big deal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment